Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy was founded as Mt. Clemens Montessori School in 1970 and was one of the first Montessori schools in the greater Detroit metropolitan area. As a pioneer in the Montessori philosophy and educational system and the only school of its kind in Macomb County, it has been instrumental over the years in developing other Montessori centers in Macomb County, St. Clair County and Wayne County. It has facilitated and initiated training of their staff, housing courses, hosting guest speakers of interest to both parents and teachers from area schools, and assuming a leadership position among Montessori schools in the area. During the summer of 2003, Mt. Clemens Montessori School became Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy to coincide with its becoming a Michigan charter school.
Mt. Clemens Montessori was originally located in the basement of the Presbyterian Church on Cass Avenue in downtown Mt. Clemens, but we have certainly grown from our humble beginning of one classroom with less than thirty children and three staff members. The Academy now operates in a school building of fifteen large classrooms; music room; full-size gymnasium-lunchroom; a playground; over three hundred fifty students and a staff of over forty. Over the years, we have experienced changes in location and size.
1070 Hampton Road • Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Phone: 586-465-5545 • Fax 586-465-2283
Preschool Half Day: 8:00 am – 11:30 am
Preschool Full Day: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Elementary Full Day: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Elementary Half Day: 8:00 am – 11:30 am
Latchkey (Daycare): 6:30 am – 8:00 am & 3:00-6:00 pm